“When it comes to growing any business, there are going to be points in growing and scaling when you need support. I think it’s important to realize at what point you want to get help.” – Taylor McMaster
Welcome to the Marketing To Millions Podcast, I’m your host, Liz Boer! In this episode, I welcome Taylor McMaster to talk about how she runs her client management agency, and the tools and processes she uses to run her business, build her team, and communicate with clients.
A self-starter, Taylor knew she wanted to own a Digital Marketing Business — leading her to her true passion, Client Account Management. Soon, Taylor knew this was a service every agency needed— full-service Account Managers who acted as a liaison between agency owners and clients.
Now, Taylor leads a team of Client Account Managers through DOT & Company, training the CAMs to work with different agencies so that agency owners can focus on scaling their business while DOT takes care of clients. We make them feel supported, taken care of, and exceptionally thrilled with their choice of a Digital Marketing Agency.
[00:01 – 06:12] Getting to Know Taylor
- Taylor shares her background
- After realizing her strengths and passion in client relations, managing clients, and projects, Taylor created DOT & Co, where they do exclusively client account management for digital marketing agencies
- What a client account manager is
- Working inside a digital agency in order to get the agency owner out of the day-to-day operations and client management of the business
- Taking over all the client communication from emails, client meetings, and project management
- The difference between an account manager and an integrator
[06:13 – 11:29] Streamlining the Onboarding Process
- Tools for an efficient and organized onboarding experience
- Loom – For personalized data reports with a human touch
[11:30 – 23:52] How To Grow Your Team
- Taylor breaks down how they hire account managers
- Starts with an application that sets expectations through a very detailed job description
- A 15-minute coffee chat to see if they’re a good fit
- A full-blown assessment to see their quality of work and if they pay attention to detail and instruction
- A request for them to send an optional video
“When hiring, we have a full-blown assessment. So at this point, things that we’re looking for are if they followed the very detailed instructions, we’re looking for written communication specifics of how they would actually speak to a client, and speak to their results, and then we’re looking to see how much they know about digital marketing, how much they understand about our role as a client account manager, and then how they go about really detailed answers and putting their best foot forward.”Taylor McMaster
[23:53 – 27:02] Wrapping Up!
- Be proactive and realize at what point you need help before it gets overwhelming
- Connect with Taylor (links below!)
LISTEN OR FOLLOW FOR FREE IN YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP:
APPLE PODCASTS I SPOTIFY I GOOGLE PODCASTS I AMAZON
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Connect with Taylor
Other Episodes Related To This Topic You’ll Enjoy:
- 10 Steps To Creating An Irresistible Online Course [EP 33]
- Mindset Habits of Successful Entrepreneurs
- How to Turn Podcast Listeners Into Paying Students
Let’s get connected:
You can find me on Instagram and Facebook. Visit my website https://lizboer.com
Join the Marketing to Millions FB Group
LEAVE A REVIEW + and SHARE this episode with someone you know who wants to build their online business, influence, and brand. You can listen to Marketing to Millions on Spotify, Stitcher, or iTunes.