“I feel like social media is this huge beast… But it really comes down to being authentically you on whatever platform feels aligned for you and where your clients are hanging out.” – Shannon Shaheen
Welcome to the Marketing To Millions Podcast, I’m your host, Liz Boer! I have the pleasure of welcoming Shannon Shaheen to talk about how to promote your digital course, 5 ways you can leverage social media to market your course, and how to master reusing content like a pro!
Shannon Shaheen is a Virtual Assistant & Social Media Coach. She loves helping online coaches & photographers show up on social media confidently through simple strategies & tools! Your go-to productivity sidekick when it comes to Social Media!
By the end of this episode, you’ll learn…
- 5 Methods You Can Start Using Now To Promote Your Course
- Where To Find Inspiration For Content
- Shannon’s #1 Way To Hack Your Growth
I recommend, if you’re in a launch phase, utilizing live video at least once a week during your launch, 3 reels a week, and then on your stories, every single day is key.Shannon Shaheen
[07:30 – 17:51] Tackling the Social Media Beast
- Is there a specific social media platform we should focus our efforts on?
- Figure out where you feel most aligned and where your clients are
- The 3 main culprits that keep people from using their voice to convert
- Fear of rejection or the Imposter Syndrome
- Remember the people who are judging you for your course, are not your people
- Don’t compare your journey with someone else’s
- Not having a strategy or plan
- Not tracking your leads
- Fear of rejection or the Imposter Syndrome
- How to reuse and recycle your content like a pro
- Repurpose your static content by turning it into video reels
- Reshare your content on your stories
[17:52 – 38:52] Promote Your Course With These 5 Methods
- #1 – Video content
- Utilize Reels, Stories, Live training collaborations with other creators
- Live video collaborations are key with Instagram badges coming out, and the potential to get paid for Lives
- Recommendations for your video strategy and promotional calendar
- Sell on your stories every single day during your launch phase
- 3 reels a week
- Utilize live video at least once a week
- #2 – Clubhouse
- Schedule out a daily room that answers topics that are covered in your course, aka mini-trainings to entice people into your course
- Do this ideally 3 times a week
- How much content should you be giving away?
- Package your content into bite-size pieces
- #3 – Pinterest
- Think of Pinterest as a Google (search engine) for your target market
- Repurpose all of your content and batch pins to promote your course and website and have at least 1 Pin going out daily
- Tools to schedule your content
- #4 – Email Marketing
- Create freebies to build out an email list
- Incorporate your course into the freebie during or after for those who want more
- #5 – Facebook Groups
- Network, create engagement and collaborate with other people
- Utilize self-promotional Facebook groups by going live with training or giving bite size value
[38:53 – 40:47] Where to Find Inspiration for Content
- Awareness Content
- Content that makes people aware of struggles or problems they may have
- Consideration Content
- What knowledge or experience can you highlight as an expert in your field?
- Decision Content
- This is where you can answer objections, share transformations and testimonials, program details, straightforward promo posts, etc.
[40:48 – 44:11] Wrapping Up!
- A summary of Shannon’s 5 tips!
- Video, Clubhouse, Pinterest, Email Marketing, Facebook Groups
- Connect with Shannon! (Links below)
LISTEN OR FOLLOW FOR FREE IN YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP:
APPLE PODCASTS I SPOTIFY I GOOGLE PODCASTS I AMAZON
Learn More From Shannon
Follow Shannon on Instagram @shannonshaheenva
If you’re looking for additional support growing your business via social media, sign up for her Back Pocket Content Membership https://www.shannonshaheen.com/backpocketcontent
Other Episodes Related To This Topic You’ll Enjoy:
- 6 Growth Hacks To Increase Your Online Sales
- 7 Low-Cost Tools To Create + Sell Your Online Course
- 3 Essential Parts Of A High-Converting Landing Page
Let’s get connected:
You can find me on Instagram and Facebook. Visit my website https://lizboer.com
Join the Marketing to Millions FB Group
LEAVE A REVIEW + and SHARE this episode with someone you know who wants to build their online business, influence, and brand. You can listen to Marketing to Millions on Spotify, Stitcher, or iTunes.