Welcome to the Marketing To Millions Podcast, I’m your host, Liz Boer! In today’s episode, we’re covering everything you need to know about having an effective sales page. I am going to share with you how I write and design high-converting sales pages so you can steal some of these secrets. If you want to learn how to build a sales page that’s optimized for conversions and get a checklist so that you can assess the health of your sales page on your own, keep listening!
[00:01 – 03:08] What is a Sales Page and Why Should You Care?
A sales page is a landing page that has the primary goal of getting people to convert into paying customers. Your sales page has to grab attention and keep it, be informative, build trust, and motivate your potential customer. A sucky sales page (aka, one that doesn’t convert) means money lost!
[03:09 – 06:24] Creating a Customer Persona
- Understand who your product is the perfect fit for, why they need it, and how it will help them
- Why is my buyer struggling with this right now?
- What motivates them to make decisions?
- Who are they influenced by?
- What do they want most?
- What is holding them back from achieving it?
- A customer persona makes finding your unique value proposition easier
- Ideas to collect customer data
- Poll your audience on social media
- Offer your customers a small gift in exchange for their time and feedback
- Study your competition
LISTEN OR FOLLOW FOR FREE IN YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP:
[06:25 – 07:55] Start Writing Your Sales Page
- Check out ep 7 where I talk all about Copy Do’s and Don’ts (link below)
- The goal of your headline is to spark curiosity for your reader by speaking to both the problem your customer is facing and also the result they’d like to achieve
- You can go in two directions after your headline
- Dig into your buyers biggest problem
- Paint a picture for them of how good things could get if they solved their problem
- Introduce your offer. Include:
- Your offer name
- A statement that describes the result your offer helps your reader achieve
- A visual mockup of your offer. (Remember: visuals are a great way to increase the perceived value of your offer.)
- More details about the specifics
[07:56 – 14:03] Things To Include in the Details Section of Your Sales Page
- The details section is where you share everything that is included, so be specific!
- Download my optimized sales page scorecard! Link below
- Don’t forget to intentionally place your call to action buttons in an eye-catching color throughout your sales page
- How to nudge the fence-sitters
- Use “we” language
- Include a “Who is this for?” section
- Make sure to think of as many objections people might have when it comes to buying and include them in at least one or two sections on your sales page
- Always include a final call to action at the bottom of your page
[14:03 – 16:01 ] Closing Up!
- Download my optimized sales page scorecard and when you finish scoring your sales page, tag me on Instagram @lizboer_com with your rating!