“We didn’t build the businesses that we have to work 24/7. We built them to work less and impact more people.” – Brittany Dixon
People often struggle with finding out productivity systems that really allow them to achieve their goals and at the same time improve their work-life balance. Brittany Dixon’s story is just one example of how making small, consistent changes to your workday can have a huge impact on your productivity. In this episode, she shares her insights on how to structure your day so that you can achieve more success. Pay close attention to her advice on how to turn your time into more revenue and impact. Let’s dive in!
Brittany is a business systems strategist and host of The Productivity Pod(cast). She helps highly driven and visionary entrepreneurs implement easy day-to-day systems and processes to get them out of their own way.
00:01 – 09:20] Having A Big Picture Vision For Your Business
- What you should if you want to grow your business
- Have five goals that are related to growing the business
- Break down tasks into actionable steps
- Why it is important to have a yearly or quarterly vision for your business
- Have a routine in place to keep the lights on and working
“You’re not going to get clients and revenue and traction if you’re not creating relationships,”Brittany Dixon
[09:21 – 17:47] Time Blocking Makes The Difference
- Have time blocked out for different aspects of your business
- Client work, marketing, and operations
- It can be hard to stick to a schedule when there are distractions competing for your attention
- How time blocking can help us to organize our thoughts and focus on specific tasks
- You can be much more productive if you can really batch your time and your tasks
[17:48 – 25:30] How To Structure Work In Order To Achieve Balance
- You should build relationships before thinking about revenue and traction
- Brittany’s outlook on task management tools
- Having a system in place that allows people to increase productivity and revenue
- How to use productivity systems to help achieve goals and improve work-life balance
- Having reduced stress and anxiety can also lead to increased productivity
[25:31 – 28:35] Wrapping Up!
- Brittany’s experience working long hours and struggling to find a balance between work and personal life