“It’s better to push ourselves and only get halfway to achieving that goal than set goals you know you can achieve without even trying.” – Liz Boer
Welcome to the Marketing To Millions Podcast, I’m your host, Liz Boer! In this episode, I will be sharing my tactics in crafting my year-end review and goal planning for the upcoming year. ‘Tis the season to be jolly, be grateful and be willing to acknowledge ourselves on both our wins and losses. Plan with me and let’s keep our head full of dreams with what’s to come and work towards execution!
[00:01 – 03:56] “The Brain Dump” – The Significance of Self-Reflection
- 2021 is almost over!
- This is the very last episode of season 2021
- We are given the opportunity to reflect, celebrate, and plan
- There is so much to be grateful for
- Why we should plan
- It allows you to direct your path to success
- Without trying, it is difficult to get close
[03:57 – 16:19] Steps to Effective Goal-Setting
- Step #1: Get everything down
- Get a bird’s eye view of everything that happened
- Look at both the professional and personal sides
- Recognize the gaps or potential gaps in your dynamic
- Step #2: Evaluate key events
- Give a rating on how it went and the impact it had
- Celebrate what went well and do not ignore the problems faced
- Compare and contrast goals from the previous year to the current
- Step #3: Set a big, audacious goal
- Set a goal that you have no idea to achieve
- Challenge your limiting beliefs
“There are no failures. Only lessons.“— Liz Boer
[16:20 – 21:27] Optimize, Break it Down, and Make it Doable
- Optimizing your daily tasks
- Make your life easier for yourself
- Step #4: Break down the year
- Put the dates on your calendar
- Reverse engineer your plan
- Trust the process
- Planning ahead of time ensures you are moving in the right direction
- Identify and work on your limiting beliefs
- The power of a positive mindset
[21:28 – 23:14] Wrapping Up!
- Wishing you the best year ahead!
- A summary of this episode
- Final words
“Having income goals is amazing. But we find fulfillment in achieving so many other things. Find out what drives you and makes you happy. Then focus on that. Because those are the goals you are going to follow through on [to] create the life you’ve been dreaming of living.”— Liz Boer
Other Episodes Related To This Topic You Might Enjoy:
Let’s get connected!
Join the Marketing to Millions FB Group