Are you struggling with putting your passion for your brand into your writing? In this episode, Lucy Bedewei talks about how she realized that her success and impact as an entrepreneur didn’t have to be tied to the amount of time she is at her desk. She shares how she overcame this through her hustle and determination, and how giving her business space to breathe helped her to be more productive and efficient. Lucy stresses the importance of finding something that you love to do and then dedicating yourself to it as this will lead to achieving success.
Lucy is a personality-driven copywriter who specializes in crafting copy for businesses that want to stand out and scale. She has worked with a variety of companies, ranging from growing solopreneurs to multi-million dollar brands. Some of her favorite clients to work with are coaches, service providers, fashion brands, e-commerce shops, and women-centric companies. Her past clients include Rosalind Miller Cakes, Women in the Boardroom, and Midori Bikinis. Listen and enjoy!
[00:01 – 07:48] Having a Mindset of Success that Doesn’t Hinge on Hours Worked
• The key to breaking through any entrepreneurial glass ceiling
• Why Lucy decided to shift to a more sustainable approach when working
• How Lucy was able to show up with better energy for her clients and grow faster
“The impact that my business is able to have does not have to be tied to the amount of hours that I’m at my desk.” – Lucy Bedewi
[07:49 – 15:21] How to Write Copy That Gets Clients
• Why creating reels was part of the process for growing Lucy’s business
• Copywriters often have to adapt their writing style to match the client’s brand
[15:22 – 23:19] Focus On One Thing and Be Really Good At It
• How Lucy plans to stay at or continue to climb your level of success
• The benefits of having your own business
• People need to know you for something, especially as a service provider
[23:20 – 30:31] How to Be a Successful Unicorn in Your Own Business
• Pick something you’re really passionate about and focus on making it successful
• Start out with passion projects instead of trying to do everything for everyone
• You should be open to new ideas, and experiences without feeling pressure to impress clients
“When I give my business space to breathe, I show up with better energy for my clients. And I’m able to show up with energy that helps me grow it faster.” – Lucy Bedewi
[30:32 – 32:37] Wrapping Up!
• How to find your brand voice
• Liz shares her upcoming projects
Connect with Lucy